Friday, December 2, 2011

1. December 3 Welcome to our Blog









Welcome to our Year 12 English blog. You've reached a crossroads in your life. Year 12 is unlike any year of schooling you have ever had. In many ways, it's tougher than anything you'll encounter at University. I know that I am biassed in my views about this, but I'll say this anyway: English is the most important subject you will study.


Why? Because in English you will work on developing your writing and thinking skills. What you learn in English - to read with insight, to ask questions, to write clear and fluent sentences, to present your point of view, to analyse and criticise the views of others - all of these skills will help you in all your other subjects.


The purpose of this blog is to support you in your work in English. I will be using it as a key method of providing you with resources over this coming year. To access this blog, all you have to do is CLICK on "Follow" and join up - by following the instructions.


There is a COMMENT section at the bottom of the screen. I'd be rapt if people add comments.You might also like to set up your own blog. The Blogger program invites you to do this. It's pretty easy, and a great way of keeping your Journal writing readily at hand. It's also a great way for us to communicate with each other.If you have any problems either creating a blog or becoming a follower, please contact me as soon as possible, and I'll help you get started.I hope you enjoy the various postings I'll be adding over the coming weeks.



IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Welcome to: Hey Barry, what did I miss?
From time to time, students will miss a class. Or they forget what they had to do. To catch up on what you missed, just click on the link to the Hey Barry, what did I miss? blog.
http://heybarrywhatdidimiss.blogspot.com.au/

Easier still: add it to your FAVORITES.

No comments:

Post a Comment